Saturday, August 31, 2013
Happy Birthday Princess
Thursday, August 29, 2013
Quick Activity for $2.00 or Less
Pompoms and plastic shot glasses from the Dollar store equals a great activity for color sorting and fine motor skills. To make this more challenging use a pair of tongs or tweezers to transfer the pompoms.
Princess is wearing her brother's stacking toy as arm jewelry. Its fun to be smart and fashionable at the same time.
And On the Second Day
We finally got to Day 2 of Creation. I taped a sheet of paper to our IKEA easel (Best $14.99 ever spent) and then gave her some shaving cream mixed with blue paint. She painted the ocean with her hands. A masterpiece for sure!
Then we glued a cotton ball sky to the top and here it is:
Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Almost 2 Already?????
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese (can use reduced fat)
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream (or whipped cream)
- 16 Oreos, crushed
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- sea salt for sprinkling (optional)
- Beat cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and beat until smooth and creamy. Add powdered sugar and beat until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Fold in whipped cream, or add liquid heavy whipping cream and continue to beat until the mixture gets a little bit fluffy. Refrigerate mixture until ready to serve.
- Stir melted butter in with crushed Oreos and press 1 teaspoon crumbs into the bottoms of dessert shooter cups. Pour peanut butter mixture into a plastic baggie, snip the corner, and pipe into the cups (on top of the crumbs). Sprinkle the tops with another ½ teaspoon of crumbs. Top with a sprinkle of sea salt for an extra sweet-salty combo. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Tuesday, August 27, 2013
Act of Kindness- Letter D
Usually we do our kindness act at the end of the week, but after yesterday 's chaos I decided to do something fun today. Plus, I needed a little break from the ordinary.
So for the letter D we donated dog food to the local animal shelter. We dropped off the food and then looked at the dogs.
The dogs there were big and most said "no kids", so Sister and I held the babies. Princess loved the pup-pups as she calls them, but I wish we could have at least pet some of the dogs. They looked sad.
Here is the Kindness Fairy:
Monday, August 26, 2013
D is for Disaster
Some days are great.
Some days are good.
Some days are bad
..and then there is today.
I worked for an hour last night to put out new activities including a D sensory box equipped with dirt, dogs, and dinosaurs. I was outside digging dirt at 8:30 p.m. to put at the bottom of the bin.
Here are some things that happened today in no particular order.
Dumped a container of crayons and chalk.
Found my coffee cup. Dumped it.
Tried to paint. Dumped water.
Dumped split peas.
I moved the dirt to buckets because she wasn't interested in the bin. Dumped the dirt from buckets.
The fish ALMOST got dumped.
Hmmm.. dumped starts with D. Does she know this? Maybe she had her own theme today.
Most of this happened while she was wearing a princess crown. A PRINCESS crown. The irony...
I would have taken photos of all the excitement except she also happened to refuse to wear clothes much of today.
But I realize you need to have bad days to know when the good days are good.
The D sensory bin:
Sunday, August 25, 2013
"C" Week Wrap Up
In fact, if I ask her what sound letter "C" makes...she oinks like a pig!
I have no clue how this happend.
Anyway, here are a few other things we did to celebrate "c".
Saturday, August 24, 2013
Act of Kindness for C
Princess is into smelling flowers. So for the letter C we decided to take carnations to our neighbor who we haven't met yet. Unfortunately they weren't home so we left them at the gate. Princess liked carrying the flowers and wearing her special dress.
Friday, August 23, 2013
Bin and Scoop Set
Love this bin and scoop set! It was under $6.00 from Montessori N' Such and it is perfect for tiny hands.